The Sacrum Bone is Sacred in the Taoist Tradition, is actually known as the “Immortal Bone”. This triangular bone at the base of your spine has eight physical holes representing the 8 Forces of the Universe: Fire & Water, Heaven & Earth, Mountain & Lake, Wind & Thunder.
Sacrum Bone_Gateway to the Universe Beyond the Visible!…
The sacrum bone has all the nerves related with the coccyx, being like this a gateway of major nerves and blood vessels. It is the important bone which links the upper and lower body, produces red blood cells (which bring oxygen to the heart) and last but not least it is the back of your sexual center where your life force is, not just related to sex, but with your creative energy, manifest in various aspects of your life…
Activating the sacrum is fundamental for our health, and guess what, even to keep as young: yes! Nourishes the brain, by pumping fresh spinal fluid up the spine. And more, keeping your sacrum supple, flexible and free (of any pain and tension, the lower back discomfort a common condition for modern days); it will enhance your life in all levels of your being by:
- Energising – cultivates chi/qi (energy) and recaptures lost energy.
- Connecting with the Earth – great for grounding and healing.
- Strengthening the internal organs, develop inner strength.
- Exercising the parasympathetic nervous system (the part of the nervous system that slows the heart, dilates blood vessels, decreases pupil size, increases digestive juices, and relaxes muscles in the gastrointestinal tract.)
- Helping the chi/qi flow “running water doesn’t stagnate” – if the energy is flowing freely in your body, meaning you are free of tension, pain and filled with energy and power!
- Enhancing Sexual energy – your creativity, vitality and empowerment!
The activation of the sacrum is an important preliminary to work properly with the Jade Egg.
Most people when they have pain it’s in the lower back.
In the West we have the habit of sitting a lot, that doesn’t contribute for its continuous state of health and flexibility… but we can do a few very simple things to change this!
From my travels in the East, and the part of the year I live in India, especially with the tribe of Kalbeliya (snake charmers) in the Rajasthani deserts, it is clear why older people are so much agile, flexible than the older people in the West: they don’t sit much, they move more, they squat instead of sitting (inclusive for work and toilet), it’s just natural for them!
- So have you tried squatting?
You can try squatting, with feet flat on the floor, just goes as far as comfortable for you, with practice you may be in this position for a long time, and even replaced for the sitting. This is just not great for your sacrum, but for your digestive system, your elimination system and pelvic floor. Is also great for your sexual health and to strengthen your legs… this may unveil the mystery why the Mongols just chose future wives who had strong legs!…;)…
This few seconds video in Hawaii “Offer to the Goddess_Kuan Yin Qigong”, you will see some squatting and exercise you can do and develop gradually.
Here is the Kuan Yin Qigong Online Course from 15th February to 29th March & Teacher Training Retreat in Portugal from 30th July to 6h August 2022.